(our “Website”) and govern your use of our Website either as a visitor or as
a registered user. Use of and access to our Website is subject to your
compliance with these Terms, so please read them carefully before using our
Website. THE EXIT reserves the right to limit or terminate your access to
our Website or terminate or suspend your registration for failure to comply
with the terms and policies posted on our Website, or for any reason at any
BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITES IN ANY WAY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITES IN ANY MANNER.
I understand and agree that TheExit.com (“Company” or “Site”) is not a law
firm or an attorney, may not perform services performed by an attorney, and
its forms or templates and advice articles are not a substitute for the
advice or services of an attorney or mental health care professional.
THE EXIT may change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of any changes will signify your acceptance of those changes.
To use certain parts of our Website (e.g., posting comments or subscribing to newsletter), you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your first name, e-mail address, password, city and state or Zip code.
THE EXIT will be creating community areas and group discussions so you can share your experiences, ask and/or answer questions of other users. Our community includes people from a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. We appreciate that THE EXIT’s community reflects the diversity of its users and is an interesting place to share, learn and interact. In keeping with this spirit of community, we have a core set of principles and guidelines that must be followed by all members and users.
THE EXIT is committed to open opinions but we expect our readers to follow a few simple rules. Do not post any material that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, abusive, or otherwise unlawful.
When posting a comment we ask that you be respectful of other posters. Name calling and abusive, hateful speech is a violation of our Terms and Conditions.
Inappropriate material may be removed or reclassified at any time, for any reason, without prior notice or explanation. Readers who engage in a pattern of misconduct or commit an egregious violation of these guidelines may face sanctions including, but not limited to, suspension of their posting privileges and erasure of their entire posting history. While we’re committed to respecting your privacy, we reserve the right to report unlawful behavior and vandalism of our Web site to your Internet service provider or, in extreme cases, local law enforcement.
USING OUR WEBSITE
THE EXIT provides you with access to a great variety of resources. The materials, information, and links to third party sites, provided on our Website, including but not limited to information, documents, images, articles, advice, time-saving tips and checklists, easy-to-use tools, products, software, and services, if applicable (“Materials”), are provided either by THE EXIT or by others and may be copyrighted and/or protected by other intellectual property rights. THE EXIT hereby grants you limited permission to use the Materials provided by THE EXIT subject to these Terms, as long as the use of such Materials is solely for your own informational use. Unless stated within the Materials, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means, without the prior express written permission of THE EXIT and/or the appropriate owner. Also, you may not “mirror” any Materials contained on our Website or any other server without THE EXIT’s prior written consent.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
While using our Website, you may not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying our Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, constitute unauthorized practice of a professional service, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or foreign law, including without limitation U.S. export control laws and regulations;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by THE EXIT), or engage in spamming, phishing, or flooding;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our Website or services for any purpose without our express written permission; however, this provision shall not apply to the indexing or updating of search engines;
- post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material obtained through our Website for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software, or other material);
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way information, software, or other material obtained through our Website which is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder; or
- upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit, or distribute in any way any component of our Website or derivative works with respect thereto without our prior written consent, as our Website are protected under U.S. copyright laws.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; ADVERTISERS; THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In attempting to provide you with comprehensive and useful resources, our Website may contain links to third-party websites which are not under the control of THE EXIT. THE EXIT is not responsible for the content of or products provided by any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. THE EXIT is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that THE EXIT endorses, guarantees, or accepts any responsibility for the content or products on such a third-party site.
In addition, THE EXIT will accept advertising on our Website. Any dealings that you have with advertisers found on THE EXIT are between you and the advertiser and you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or claim you may have against an advertiser.
In connection with your use of our Website, you may be made aware of services, products, offers, and promotions provided by third parties, and not by THE EXIT. If you decide to use third-party services or products, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions governing any third-party services or products. You agree that the third party, and not THE EXIT, is responsible for the performance of the third-party services or products.
CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITES
In an effort to continually improve our Website and its usefulness to you, we may add additional services or make changes to existing services. In the event that THE EXIT makes such changes, these Terms shall apply to the new services and to any changes to existing services.
NO DUTY TO MONITOR
You agree that we are not liable for content that is provided by others. While some community areas are monitored for relevance, we have no obligation to prescreen content that may be posted in such areas and are not responsible for such postings. While we have no duty to prescreen content, we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted content. We reserve the right to remove content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
At THE EXIT, we respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on THE EXIT in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us to report possible copyright infringement by writing contact@THEEXIT.com When contacting us, please provide THE EXIT’s copyright agent the following information:
- A full description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
THE EXIT’s agent can be reached as follows:
c/o THE EXIT Copyright Agent
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and THE EXIT regarding this subject matter, and they govern your use of our Website. The failure of THE EXIT to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of THE EXIT or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.